Advertising Rates & Information
All prices & dates subject to change without notice.
Classified Ad Rates
Only 50¢ per word. $15 minimum. Prepaid only.
Note: abbreviations count as words.
Whatever you’re looking for, we can help you! For Sale, Wanted, Events…you name it! We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and checks/money orders drawn on U.S. funds. Pay for a year of ads at once and forget about it, or pay for one ad at a time.
As a special service to those desiring confidentiality in their transactions, Man at Arms will provide our address in the ad, and will forward (unopened) all replies. The charge for this service is $10.00, to be added to the cost of the ad.
All advertising is subject to publisher’s approval and may be canceled at any time. No advertising will be accepted if deemed not within the sphere of interest established by editorial policy, or not within the best interests of the magazine.
Display Ad Rates
Closing Dates for 2018/2019:
- November/December 2018 Issue
- Must confirm by: 9/18/18
- Must receive final ad by: 9/21/18
- Issue mail date: 10/15/18
- January/February 2019 (Dates Tentative)
- Must confirm by: 11/09/18
- Must receive final ad by: 11/15/18
- Issue mail date: 12/10/18
- March/April 2019 (Dates Tentative)
- Confirm/Reserve: 01/22/19
- Final Copy Deadline: 01/25/19
- Issue Mail Date: 02/15/19
- May/June 2019 (Dates Tentative)
- Confirm/Reserve: 03/12/19
- Final Copy Deadline: 03/14/19
- Issue Mail Date: 04/09/19
- July/August 2019 (Dates Tentative)
- Confirm/Reserve: 05/16/19
- Final Copy Deadline: 05/21/19
- Issue Mail Date: 06/13/19
- September/October 2019 (Dates Tentative)
- Confirm/Reserve: 07/17/19
- Final Copy Deadline: 07/19/19
- Issue Mail Date: 08/13/19
- November/December 2019 Issue (Dates Tentative)
- Must confirm by: 9/18/19
- Must receive final ad by: 9/20/19
- Issue mail date: 10/15/19
- January/February 2020 Issue (Dates Tentative)
- Must confirm by: 11/12/19
- Must receive final ad by: 11/15/19
- Issue mail date: 12/10/19
Terms and Conditions: Payment net 30 days for established accounts. All others, payment with order. All payments to be in U.S. funds, check drawn on U.S. Bank, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal payments accepted. All advertising subject to publisher’s approval. No advertising will be accepted if deemed not within the sphere of interest established by editorial policy, or not within the best interests of the magazine.
Dates subject to change. Cancellation not accepted after confirmation date.
Press Run: 24,000.
Send text, photos and/or PDFs to email@example.com
Ad Layout & Design Service: Most design, typesetting, layout and halftone work will be done FREE. We can prepare your ad from actual text and photos, or from emailed text and .jpg files. So if you would like help preparing your ad, just ask!
Special Positions: Add 10% surcharge to regular page rate. Space provided as available.
Inserts and Special Space Units: Contact the publisher with your needs for special arrangements and a price will be quoted.
No checking copies or proofs provided. All prices & dates subject to change without notice.
How to Send Your Ad
The easiest way to send your ad is either as a PDF or as a very high-resolution image (including the type and everything) in TIFF or Photoshop format. The resolution should be at least 300 dpi for halftones and 1200 dpi for line art if you want the crispest reproduction possible.
The ad can be sent to us on a CD, DVD, USB drive, or can be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org). If the file is too large, a service such as Dropbox or Wetransfer.com can be used.
Remember to keep your type at least 1/4″ away from the edge of the magazine. For full-page ads, it is very important that the size of your document be exactly 8.125″ wide and 10.875″ tall. For full-page ads that print over the edge of the paper, be sure to include the necessary .125″ “bleed.” Do not include the bleed as part of the document size, but simply have it hang over the edge on all four sides. Make sure that there are no spot colors used in your document — all colors and color images should be in CMYK format (not RGB). For PDF files created in InDesign, use the “Press Quality” present. If you have questions about file preparation, call us at 1 (800) 999-4697 and we will be happy to walk you through it.
If you want to send your advertisement to us another way, need marketing/design help, or have any questions at all, please call our art department at 1 (800) 999-4697 or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help you. We are proud of our magazine’s appearance, and want your ad to look the very best that it can.